Friday, December 12, 2008

Will & Mom's Solo Adventure: Part II

After a stunning performance flying down to Tampa, I figured there was no way for Will to impress me further. Well, impress me he did. 4 out of 4 times we have flown, he has let loose either right before or during takeoff. Yesterday, it was on a sold-out flight, 10 minutes before takeoff in bad weather all up and down the East Coast. And it was a doozy. A big ol' blowout. An outfit ruiner. Luckily, a guy in the row ahead of us was vomiting in to garbage bags non-stop before we even got on the plane (yeah, I know, awesome) so no one seemed to mind me and little Will very much. After we ascended, there was some serious turbulence, and the captain just never turned off the seatbelt light. So after I saw one woman get up to go use the bathroom, I decided I had subjected my seat-mate to enough stinkiness and got up to change Will in to a new diaper and new outfit. Picture me - holding Will on a changing table in a very small bathroom with one hand - surfing some rather intense turbulence, and changing him out of one poopy outfit and diaper in to a clean new one, then getting said poopy outfit in to a doubled garbage bag and disposing of said poopy diaper in a scented plastic disposal bag. No easy feat, I tell you. I think the experience took a few months off of my life. Will, however, weathered the storm in his usual resilient way, by eating again then sleeping for the rest of the flight. He didn't cry once until after we landed.

No comments: